More Songwriting Challenges
There are probably way more songwriting challenges out there than any of us can imagine, but here are a few worth checking out.
- What? “SpinTunes is an online songwriting competition where people submit original songs they write to meet challenges handed out by a panel of judges.”
- Where? Blog, Bandcamp page, @SpinTunes.
- When? It’ll likely happen twice a year. It lasts about 2 months if you make it through all four elimination rounds.
- Who? If you’re a pop singer/songwriter/producer type, and you’re willing to be judged and ranked, this one’s for you.
The RPM Challenge
- What? “The RPM Challenge is simple: Record an album in 28 days, just because you can. That’s 10 songs or 35 minutes of original material recorded during the month of February.”
- Where? Here.
- When? From February 1st to 28th, every year.
- Who? If you’re looking for an excuse to produce an entire album (in any style), this one’s for you.
- What? “Song Fight is a venerable weekly songwriting and recording competition. We give you a title, you submit a song. People vote, you lose, we do it again.”
- Where? Here and @songfight.
- When? Every week.
- Who? If you want to try out a songwriting challenge but don’t have a solid month to set aside for it, this may be the perfect level of commitment for you.
- What? There are 7 rounds of songwriting challenges, and participants are eliminated until only one remains (the Nur Ein!).
- Where? Wiki page.
- When? Once per year, in the spring.
- Who? If you have the guts for a (potentially) long and grueling challenge, this one’s for you.
Know of another noteworthy songwriting challenge that should be on this page? Send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org